Sunday, May 18, 2014

5th at Bay to Breakers, 1st in Hayes St. Hill


I was 5th at today's 2014 Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco.  I ran 36:26 for the 12k race (7.45 miles) which is an average of 4:54 per mile.

I was the fastest to run up Hayes Street Hill which is one of the most difficult hills to run on any course.  The hill starts about 2 miles into the race and goes .69 miles up with a average grade of 5.5% and the steepest is 11.1%.  My time was 2:41.0.

Aissa Dghoughi wins 2014 Hayes Street Hill
The fastest male and female from base to peak wins $2,500!  I was the fastest.
Below is some additional information about Bay to Breakers.

Here are the final results for the men:

http://btb.onlineraceresults.com/   Click: "VIEW OVERALL"


The Bay to Breakers course map:
The race starts near the Bay Bridge, goes up Hayes Hill, through Golden Gate Park,
and finishes near the Pacific Ocean.

The Bay to Breakers course elevation profile:

There are challenging hills.  Hayes St. Hill is just beyond 2 miles.


1 comment:

  1. Good Job Aissa, I am proud of you man.
    This is Ismail from San Francisco

    ReplyDelete

Translate