Sunday, May 25, 2014

7th in Puerto Rico 10k

Aissa Dghoughi 2nd from left in back row, Sammy Kitwara (bent over in blue top) won
I finished 7th today in 29:22 at the Abraham Rosa 10k near San Juan, Puerto Rico.  That was 4:44 pace per mile.

I felt happy with the way I ran today.  I ran with the best field in the world.  The winner was a world record holder from Kenya.  His name is Sammy Kitwara.  He was 4th in the 2013 Chicago marathon in 2:05:16 and he ran 58:48 the half marathon.  The weather was hot and humid. I was able to stay with the leaders up to 4 miles.  We run the first 5k in 14:18.  I know it was fast but I had to be with them and I felt good, confident, and strong.  I was 23:10 at 5 miles.  I started to feel the heat and the humidity but I I wasn’t tired.  I was good.  I think I need to race more  and work fast on the track.  I didn’t struggle in the race.  I was confident.  My legs were light.  I think with more races I can reach 28:20 or under easy.

Results from 5/25/2014 Abraham Rosa 10k, Puerto Rico
All the Kenyan runners have run under 60 minutes for the half marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate