Monday, March 4, 2013

Runner's World on-line article

I was mentioned at the end of a Runners World on-line article.  Link to article

The last few sentences said:

I'm still in touch with several of the elites I met in Puerto Rico, and a few have become close friends. Last July, two of them met me in Davenport, Iowa, for the Bix 7, a challenging 7-mile road race that each year draws a world-class field.

While visiting them in the elite-housing dorm the day before the race, I met a 30-year-old Moroccan named Aissa Dghoughi, who trains in Oregon and had recently run a 14:09 5K at altitude.

He asked me if I was in the elite field, too. "No," I said. "I'm competitive, but far from elite." I told him I run low 35 for the 10K and mid-16 for the 5K, and he smiled. "Then you know," he said, one runner talking to another. "It's not easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate